Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Devotion

I thought i'd share today's devotion with you. It was an awesome encouragement to me.

From the book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young:

Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life.

Psalm 16:11

Thou wilt make known to me the path of life;
In Thy presence is fulness of joy;
In Thy right hand there are pleasure forever.

I've done life two ways; one: never being satisfied and always seeking more, doing everything in my power to change the situation i'm in just because it might not be what I had in mind and two: being grateful for what I have and praying for satisfaction in life no matter where I am. Personally, I find that I am much happier being content with whatever circumstances I may find myself in and being grateful for what I have been so graciously blessed with. This devotion encourages me to keep on. Keep walking the path because I'm right where God wants me and He is right here with me every step of the way. He can do anything with any of us in any season of life. Be encouraged, friend! He loves you so much.

1 comment: